Before Franklin, I'd never had a dog that needed more than an occasional bath when they started smelling like corn chips, and a light brushing every few days. Franklin is high maintenance. He needs hair cuts and manicures and gland expressing (ick!). Lola's more a wash and go gal. In the nearly two years Franklin has lived with us we've mapped out the
cuteness cycle, and I've finally learned to schedule his appointments far in advance so he doesn't go too far down the shaggy slope.
Not that he's not cute when shaggy.
I found a great little independent grooming salon in the neighborhood. Jenn at Pet-a-cure keeps Franklin looking his most handsome and delightful smelling. Perfect for cuddling. And his haircuts are cheaper than mine, so I guess it's ok.
It's hard enough for me to schedule haircuts for myself, I guess I'm lucky our pooches are more wash-and-go. I've always loved his cuteness cycle!
ReplyDeleteWe're on the "how long can we stand not washing our dogs" cycle...
ReplyDeleteShaggy or freshly groomed, Franklin is BEYOND adorable! On the anal gland expressing note (I know - gross, LOL!) ... have you ever tried a teaspoon or so of pumpkin puree on top of his food several times a week? This can really help firm the stool so that the glands will naturally empty better on their own.
ReplyDeletePoor Parker would do anything to not be a haircut dog- he hates it! I love the scruffy terrier look, but since that means he collects every twig and burr on our walks we tend to keep him short. Poor little dogs!
ReplyDelete