Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Travel dogs - Vietnam

Writing about the dogs we saw on our recent vacation reminded me of the whole album of animal pictures I compiled on our trip to Vietnam a few years ago, and looking back through those pictures really illustrated the diversity of dogs. While the typical dogs in the towns of the Mediterranean were small and showed terrier ancestors, those of Vietnam had a very different look.

Dogs just ran free around many towns and seemed to not be pets

I met this tiny adorable puppy in a palace. And tried to figure out how to take him home.
Tons of sand-colored dogs snoozing in the sand
This guy looks like a typical Chicago shelter pup - so cute

Tiny kitten in a market on the Mekong river. I wanted to take it home too.
They were much larger than the little white French lap dogs. More shepherds, more similar to our beloved Chicago Brown Dog. And no, we didn't see dog on menus or for sale in markets, but that does happen in the country.

Vietnam was amazing and I hope to go back on day. And take more pictures of dogs.


1 comment: